Friday, November 17, 2006

Lies - It's All Lies!

JJ and I are struggling financially this month. Next month doesn't look a lot better. I know that the Lord will be with us in this tight pinch, but it doesn’t mean that He won’t let us go broke. It’s just a little scary.

It’s so frustrating because JJ is working as hard as he can and we still come up short. I'm working full time and contemplating another part time job, but I don't feel like I could take care of things around the house and keep up with paying the bills on time and juggle everything else I'm trying to do AND work 60 hours a week.

We’ve been struggling for what feels like so long. It’s OK when you know it’s short term, but we’ve been trying to get out of debt for several years now with very little progress. We’re getting tired. Just when we feel like we’re making headway, something else like having to buy another car comes along. I’m sure many of you can identify.

I just have to keep reminding myself that no one ever promised me anything in life – I don’t know why I expect so much. Our culture tells us we can (and should) have it all, but that is a lie from Satan. And the fact that having it all would even be fulfilling or make us happy is a big fat lie too. I really wish that I could say that I have learned to be content in all circumstances like Paul. Man, why can’t I beat this mentality? Satan is just good at what he does, isn’t he?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

he sure is (good at what he does). We are bombarded at every turn in this culture by STUFF. It is really tough to beat the "have it all"/materialistic mentality. Satan knows just how to get to us. There are so many things we think we must have or we need that we just don't. It's really bad when you have a baby. You think you need SO much stuff to take care of the little thing when people all over the world don't have any toys or even diapers.

I'm sorry you are struggling right now. I'll be lifting you up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

I'll keep you in my prayers. I was walking through the store the other day, lamenting that the trip was taking too long, when it hit me - I already had everything I needed in my basket. The part that was taking so long was looking at the stuff I DIDN'T need.

So hard to keep perspective sometimes, isn't it?

owlhaven said...

But God is better!!! hang in there, and have faith. There are some frugal recipes in my September archives if you're needing affordable grocery inspiration....

Hang in there


Mary

Anonymous said...

Remember that God is greater than the enemy, greater than your doubts and fears, and when you become discouraged, don't look to the left, or to the right, but straight ahead to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. This too shall pass, and trust that the Lord will make you and your family stronger as a result of this trial.
I will keep you in my prayers...

Bizimama
www.bizimama.com
www.lordsart.com