Thursday, August 24, 2006

Warrior Princess

I just found out this week that I have a new nickname. Never had many cool nicknames. My dad sometimes calls me "Pete", which I kind of like, but it's not one of those things that many people know about. But one of the faculty members notified me after coming out of a meeting that my new name is officially "Mary the Sukuma Warrior Princess". I don't know how this came about, but it is kind of catchy isn't it?

For those of you who don't know, the Sukuma tribe is the tribe that JJ and I hope to be working with when we go to Tanzania. They're a very peaceful tribe overall, and I hear pretty laid back, but the whole warrior princess thing does have a nice ring to it. Now I just need to find a cool costume to go along with it. . . maybe some war paint. That could be fun. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, get the body paint out! Um, I mean war paint. Whatever. How are you? I have been such a slacker on blogging and commenting on blogs lately... I had to do some catch up with you.

I love the song you referenced on your anniversary... The Luckiest is an iTunes favorite of mine!

I'm so glad your hubby is back home and with new possibilities for work on top of that! Great... Prayerfully wishing you guys the best!

And enjoy the class with JJ. Honey, you have a lot to offer, so don't be shy... Share yourself. Keep us informed whenever you have time.

Blessings,
Angie

Turtle Guy said...

Visions of Shrek come to mind... why is that?