Friday, October 13, 2006

A Whole Lot Shakin'

Well, our little country church suddenly has a full plate! We had quite an opportunity that we couldn't pass up and so now we are in the process of closing on a new building. We've been renting and so now we'll have a place of our very own. The church is only a few years old and everyone is really excited. I'm happy for them, but I also wonder why it is that we sometimes feel we need a building in order to be a legitimate body of believers? I know there are pros and cons to both sides and honestly as far as our church goes I have my opinion but because JJ and I are so new there, I care more about the church making a harmonious transition than I do about the actual decision to buy the building.

We've also recently started a Wednesday night children's ministry. That's been fun, but quite a challenge since there are not many of us. As a small church, we tend to fly by the seat of our pants rather than plan things out very much, mostly because we can get away with it. I hope people don't wear themselves out because the kids enjoy it so much and get a meal out of the deal too!

We're really hoping to be in the new building by Halloween because we're going to do a "Trunk or Treat" and a carnival inside. I'm going to do a little clowning around since I know how to make balloon animals and juggle (sort of). When I'm a clown I can get away with dropping the balls a lot when I juggle since it makes it funnier anyway! So we've got lots of prep to do before the 31st. Anyone have any ideas on cheap and easy carnival games?

No comments: