Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm a Loser

Hooray! After a few weeks of plateau I am a "loser" once again. I am now down 36 pounds and have one pound left before I am half way to my goal! I found I had to make an adjustment to when I was eating in order to get over that hump. I am now eating more at breakfast and my morning and afternoon snacks. This means dinner is rather small and no evening snack. I've been OK with a small dinner, but I'm really feeling the loss of that evening snack! On the nights where I just can't bear it, I have a cup of coffee or tea. Not the same, but it helps a little.

We're still not running the a/c at home and we've had a high of 103 degrees the last few days. I'm ready for September, to say the least. And the a/c in my car is now acting up. Well, I keep telling myself I'm preparing for Africa.

JJ's still doing OK, although starting to get homesick. He will probably finish the job he's on in Vermont on Friday and he MAY get to come home this weekend! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but it looks like if he's in between jobs this weekend he'll come home on Saturday morning and have to leave again on Sunday afternoon. We're not sure where he'll head next. This job certainly keeps us on our toes! We appreciate your prayers while we are apart and JJ is traveling so much.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I need to cut out my evening snack and eat a smaller dinner as well. I haven't gotten the guts to join Mel's Diet Naked program yet.

Shalee said...

Yay Mary! You big loser!

You know we like it hot at our place, but when the AC goes out, like it did last night, it's not the same. I'm okay as long as I decide to keep it warm. When I'm forced into it, it's like a sweltering sauna!