Monday, July 24, 2006

A Whole 22 Hours

JJ finally got to come home this weekend! He flew in on Saturday evening and then left again on Sunday afternoon. It was great to have him home!!! We had to fit in a game of Skip Bo, which I had really missed. We used to play almost every day – either over my lunch break or in the evening. He was able to go to church with me on Sunday morning and it was nice to have him next to me the whole service (instead of preaching like he usually does.)

This week, he is in Wyoming. At least that’s where he is right now. I just got an e-mail from him saying that they may fly him out to another job later in the week. At least for a few days he is working with a quilt shop that also has an online store. I asked him if he could get me a discount. No word on that yet.

All is well on the home front. I actually lost over 3 pounds last week. What is up with that!? So I have definitely made my half way point now and have also lost 22 inches total. If it takes me the same amount of time to lose my second 37 pounds, I will reach my goal around Christmas or early January. Considering the holidays, it will probably be later than that, but I’ve been able to resist treats so far so you never know. Even if it’s not until early February, that will be the one year mark and I think that losing 74 pounds in a year is not too shabby.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

37 pounds is not too shabby...but 74, well that's downright AMAZING!!! You can do it, Mary!!! Way to go. I'm glad you got to spend some time with JJ this weekend. It's hard having out men away, isn't it?

Turtle Guy said...

In long enough to sleep and away... I bet you're looking forward to some extended home time!

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »