Friday, July 28, 2006

The Luckiest

Yesterday was our 10th anniversary. JJ sent me a gorgeous arrangement of white roses even though he's all the way in Montana. Let's just say that he scored some major brownie points! I just can't stop looking at them and they are so fragrant.

We will celebrate when he gets back, which probably means sometime in September. At least it will be cooler then!!!

In honor of our special day, I thought I would share the lyrics to a beautiful song called "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. I know that our marriage has nothing to do with luck. First and foremost it is a blessing from the Lord. Then it has been a wonderful journey and a lot of work that has been totally worth it. No luck about it. However, the song still communicates so much, I still love it.

And I love you, JJ!

The Luckiest Lyrics
by Ben Folds

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?
And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away
I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope and pray he is home soon and sooo much richer

oshee said...

It is tough to have these special days when you are apart. You have such a sweet love for him. I hope the time passes quickly for you.

Turtle Guy said...

A very special man, indeed. In our family eveyone seemed to have their own thing going all the time, so my Mom used to say we had "moveable feasts". Celebrating anything - like a birthday or anniversary - was more important than WHEN. The day of was a time to reflect, the celebration could happen any time.

Come to think of it, that's what today is... my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We're nearing our 4th and loving (almost) every minute of it!!! ;-)

Shalee said...

Happy belated anniversary Mary. You and JJ are an inspiration to behold.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Debt divorce archives texas lottery past results Credit history loan personal regardless Key players of distance education urban fitness trails Care hair man product skin