Saturday, May 27, 2006

Five Things

Oshee tagged me to do this meme quite a few days ago. Sorry I'm just getting around to it!

Five things in my car:
1. empty water jugs waiting to be filled up - The tap water here is gross.
2. sunscreen that's been there for at least a year
3. a silver shiny-reflective thing that's supposed to keep your car cooler that I never use
4. lots of pennies
5. surprisingly little trash (other than some crumpled up receipts and gum wrappers)

Five things in my purse:
1. my cell phone which needs to be recharged
2. a measuring tape b/c I'm looking for baskets that are 7 inches deep or less
3. the flight itenerary from the trip I took last weekend
4. arbonne samples a friend from work gave me
5. hubby's food journal from LA Weightloss - See, even when you don't have kids you end up with other people's stuff in there!

Five things in my closet:
1. 2 new pair of flip-flops I got at Old Navy yesterday for $5 - cha-ching!
2. a laundry bag full of hand-washables I haven't been able to face
3. picnic basket that we won at LA Weightloss - It came with a cheese board and wine glasses!
4. "safari hats" we used at a global development training we went to last year
5. one box of Christmas stuff that I kept when I thought we were going to Africa soon - everything else I gave away

Five things in my fridge:
1. strawberries - YUM!
2. lots of low-fat or fat-free products - cream cheese, dressings, string cheese, skim milk
3. zuchinni - I love the stuff. I was glad to hear that I had to eat 4 veggies a day on the program b/c I wouldn't go to the trouble of fixing veggies just for myself before now. (JJ's a carnivore.)
4. Diet Cherry Coke - I switch between that, Diet Coke with lime and Diet Dr. Pepper
5. Ground turkey - I was surprised at how easily hubby went along with substituting this for ground beef.

Five things in my head:
1. "Hole in My Head" by the Dixie Chicks. I can't help it. I hear the phrase "in my head" and the song just leaps to mind.
2. The absolute chaotic mess that is my office right now and how I'm going to have to face it come Monday morning. I will blog about this later.
3. BIG decisions we're going to have to make in the next few months about education, career choices and timing for going to Africa
4. A job opportunity that JJ may have preaching in a town about an hour away - full time as opposed to filling in, which is what he's doing now
5. Worries about my sibling, Val. I think one of the hardest things that Jesus asks us to do is not worry.

Thanks for tagging me, oshee!

3 comments:

oshee said...

Thank you for sharing. I like ground turkey too.

Anonymous said...

hey Mary- i love reading your blog. I am addicted to it as it makes me feel at least a little like i'm getting to talk to you, which I miss ( : We miss you guys but are glad that you're both liking it there and your job and his school. love you-
Emily limily

Anonymous said...

Worry and prayer go together. You help me lean on God. I am so proud of you and JJ.