Sunday, May 28, 2006

Topsy Turvey Two

Well, things are still pretty chaotic at work. While we had our offices cleared for the painters (except for the big furniture), we had the carpets cleaned too. But this meant that we ALSO had to move the furniture out. So I've been "working" where the student workers usually are in the reception area. It has been very difficult to get anything done since all of my files, papers, and supplies are spread from one corner of the floor to the other. Not to mention the fact that the storage closet has a very big desk in it, which prevents me from getting to anything that I might need in said closet.

I must mention, with chagrin, that the colors that my boss' decorator helped me choose for my office were hideous. I relunctantly told Mr. Boss Man that I was unhappy with them (he had not seen them because he was out of town). Within an hour, the decorator showed up to assess the situation. I wondered to myself how honest I should be and finally decided to lay it all out on the table. We walked into the room and I told her, "It kind of reminds me of . . . nausia". And it does. It is the exact shade of green your face turns right before you hurl. Looks totally different on the wall than on the sample. Don't you hate that? SO, we're repainting - one wall a bit darker (and much more palatable) shade of green and the other 3 a tan color called "Almond Brittle". I wonder how the people who name the colors of paint come up with all those? Once you've named about 5 shades of white, where do you go from there?

So the saga of the office version of "Fruit Basket Turnover" continues. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: