Monday, May 08, 2006

Kansas City, Here I Come!

I hear they've got some crazy little women there and I get to visit some!

Hooray! I'm going home in exactly 10 days and it's one of these fun, spur-of-the moment kind of visits. (Well, 10 days is spur of the moment for a "planner" like me anyway!) I have 2 vacation days that I have to use up before May 31st (one left over from Spring Break that I never took and one that I'm taking early for Memorial Day.) It's great to have that flexibility!

Since it's a short, 4 day trip, I get to fly up and back. I really like flying. I've always loved the excitement of being on a trip, walking through the airport and wondering where everyone is going. No matter how many times I do it, I always feel like a kid on her first plane ride.

This is a trip that I'm taking by myself. My sweet, ornery husband will not be accompanying me and he will be sorely missed. But this will be a great opportunity for me to be with my family, one that I wasn't expecting and one that I really think I need right now. (I just looked up ornery to check the spelling and the official definition doesn't mean anything close to the way I use it. My sweetie is ornery in a Dennis the Menis kind of way. It's very hard not to like my JJ.)

Anyway, I feel really good about taking this trip. It's one of those times when I had an opportunity to seize the day and I didn't dilly-dally or reason myself out of it. I called my mom, checked on the dates, and booked the ticket. Very empowering. I'm constantly booking tickets for my boss (he does consultations all over the country), but it was really cool to be looking up my own flight options and following through on the plans for this trip for me.

And for those of you who are wondering where my little tickerfactory graph has gone, I have updated it for your viewing pleasure. Yes, I did finally reach my goal, even though it was a week late.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! 10 pounds. I can't wait to see you

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the weight loss and have fun on your trip! I just had a much-needed dose of family myself. It was refreshing, and I pray that yours will be as well. Blessings!

Turtle Guy said...

wow! happy travels! Be sure to bring back some photos to share!

Shalee said...

See I go on a trip and it takes forever to get caught up on blogging and I find out that you are coming back. Woo hoo! You are coming to be with us and the kiddos, aren't you! I'm telling on you if you don't!

And congrats on the weight loss. You are such the determined woman.