Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Topsy Turvey

I got to work this morning and discovered that painters will be coming in tomorrow. Which, of course means that I had to clear out my office and my boss' office to make way for the painters. Thank the Lord for my coworkers - we made pretty quick work of the job. Life is not dull around here, that's for sure.

We will be playing musical chairs with our offices in June and this is just the beginning of all of that mess. The good news is that I got to choose the colors of the walls in my new office (two tones of a light sage green, the accent wall slightly darker than the others) AND I get a window now too! The view's not that great, but I do have some nice trees to look at so I can watch the squirrels. (Squirrels are the bane of my mother's existence right now, so I know she will not find this news nearly as appealing as I do! The little critters have been getting into her potted plants in the back yard lately.)

And, BTW, my trip to Kansas City was lots of fun. Friday night my sister came over and she and my mom and dad and I all played Texas Hold 'Em. It's the first time I've ever played and we had a lot of fun, even though my dad won as we all figured he would. I got in a few quick visits with some friends, too, but it was nice to be with my family just for no particular reason. There were no major agendas, tasks to accomplish, or events to attend (other than church). And it was so nice sitting next to my parents in church, especially singing with them. I miss how much my family sings, just around the house or in the car. So it was a great time to get my "family fix"!

I've got to brag on my hubby, too. He brought me daisies when he picked me up in Dallas, AND I came home to a clean house. Wow! What a gift!

And finally, I have to mention, that even though I was away from home I managed to lose 1.6 pounds since last Monday. Life is good.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a blessing to come home to a clean house! What a super hubby you have!! :-)