Saturday, June 17, 2006

I Did Survive

Well, as you can see from my lack of posts this week, it was a busy, crazy, very full week. This was week 2 of the Doctor of Ministry students being in town, which means it was the second week of taking care of housing, food, and general class stuff. It was also moving week for our office. My boss likes to point out that "move" is a four-letter word. You would think that moving down the hall would be simple enough, but we found out that this was not the case. But you know, we survived and all is almost back to normal in our little corner of the world.

Apparently, not only did I survive, I also lost 3 lbs. these past 2 weeks. How I managed to stay away from the donuts, muffins, danish & cookies I served these past few weeks I will never know. I only have 1 more week of having to purchase and serve all the yummy foods I cannot eat. If I made it this far, I can make it one more week. I drank a lot more coffee, that's for sure (mostly decaf because caffeine dehydrates you - did you know this?) Of course, I ignore this little fact when I indulge in my daily dose of Diet Cherry Coke. A girl has to have her vices.

So here's the big picture:




Do you see that? 30 pounds! Yikes! And, I did do a tiny bit of shopping last night and found out that I am 2, count 'em 2 dress sizes down! (And the crowds go wild!) Thank you very much!

4 comments:

oshee said...

Congratulations! I am very impressed! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You are my inspiration. Keep up the good work. Love you

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the weight loss journey... but I'm moving slowly! It's just nice to be moving, though! That'll always be a tough thing for me.

Jennifer said...

That's GREAT about your weight loss! Congrats. You're much better than I am at staying away from food you should not eat. Keep going...you can make it! :-)