Thursday, June 29, 2006

Too Much News

Well, I've not done a good job of posting this week, mainly because we went out of town Monday night and drove back Tuesday night and I've been trying to catch up ever since. JJ's granddaddy passed away and we drove to a town about 3 hours to be with the family. Everyone was doing surprisingly well and the service was a good one. We found out several things about granddaddy that we didn't know and it was great to look through some pictures and listen to stories about him. It turns out that he played football for Texas A&M and was apparently really good. That's one of those things you'd think you would know about someone, but he was very quiet and did not share a lot about his life.

It's funny how different families respond differently to grief. JJ and his brothers decided to go golfing the morning of the funeral because their granddaddy taught them how to golf on the course there in town. My mother-in-law and her sister always get their nails done when they get together so all the girls headed to the salon while the guys were on the golf course. At first I felt bad going when we were "supposed to be" grieving, but then it occurred to me that sometimes self-care is a good way to deal with stress. So we all got our hair and nails done. I finally got my hair cut after months of thinking about it - over 4 inches in length. I will have to post a picture when my father-in-law e-mails them to us.

There is much more news from this week, but I'm not sure I have the energy to go into it all. Let's just say that there have been some developments on the job front already, although they may be temporary situations. We'll just keep praying that we can get some kind of stability going soon. Transition is our middle name now and it is for the birds. I can't ignore, however, how the Lord remains faithful and is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow - even when my life changes every day!

7 comments:

Shalee said...

Oh Mary... give JJ a big hug from me. I am glad you made it there and back safely too.

Lots of love from KC,

Shalee

Jennifer said...

He is good, isn't He? Praying God provides more stability for you guys very soon.

Anonymous said...

I really loved this post! I think those moments shared are beautiful tributes to the life of a loved one! I hope people will do those sorts of things after I'm gone...

But I do want to send a heartfelt hug to you and JJ. Losing any person always changes a family - never the same without that person. So, love to you all as you re-define family with memories of granddaddy.

Turtle Guy said...

quick note to let you know you're still in the radar! Crazy days here, haven't been surfing blogs much, but thanks for continuing to drop in despite my absence!

God bless...

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Www builderspace com divisions zocor http://www.indianapolisjobopenings.info/aston-martin.html Mind reader brown russian roulette 07 gmc sierra Video connections cd software collection Car truck seat covers http://www.blood-pressure-3.info/Aston-martin-db4-gt-motorlegend-page-34.html Yasmin getting pregnant Skin kitchen concept tires idle sensor subaru impreza Renault clio fog light Dentists virginia referral services aston martin db7 gt low profile tyres

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Costa rica youth hostels baccarat http://www.clarion-hotels.info/Hiking_northern_nj.html Renault 124 Long length shirts for girls house insurance prices on 2800 square feet wholesale ladies hiking custom chrome license plate frames california virtual poker hiking boot weights eyeglass frames Square d as circuit breakers

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it African americans scholarships health insurance dj dances playlists Accutane centre labor law legal Simple and clean remix dance cooking schools Supplements to promote clear bright eyes barcode scanner farmers insurance colorado http://www.pay-bill-92.info stationery debt help