Friday, June 09, 2006

A Walk Down Transparency Lane

Oh-so-brave Melodee posted pictures of her drivers licenses, what weight she claimed to be on said licenses, and what her actual weight was at the time. While I have a selective memory and choose not to remember the poundage of each of these precious moments, I decided it would be fun to post a similar reminiscence of my licenses from many different states. Actually, some of these go back to high school, and while I cannot find my license from back then, I do have my activity ticket photos. So join me in my journey down memory lane. . .

This first photo is of me in the fall of '90 when I was a junior. I had never in your wildest imagination been what you call a "bean pole", but this is the year that I started putting on more weight. It got progressively worse as the year went on. So near the end of that school year, I decided it was time to put a stop to that and I started doing aerobics tapes at home and did the Slim Fast thing. I wouldn't recommend it as I've heard it's not very healthy, but it worked for me at the time, because as you can see, I'm quite a bit slimmer in my senior activity card picture. (BTW, you can also see why I've never cut my hair short again. This is THE most unfortunate haircut of my entire life.)

Although it is a bit fuzzy, I promise, this really is me. I can hardly believe I was ever THAT skinny. I think around 120 - 125 lbs. JJ says I look too skinny. I'm inclined to disagree. I don't know if I'll ever be there again, but how realistic is it to be able to get back to what I weighed in high school? I'm not putting that kind of pressure on myself. I set my goal at 130. If I get there and I'm happy with how I look, hey, it's just a number, right?
I stayed right around this weight for several years. But then I got married. (No blaming here, just the facts, ma'm.)



This is my driver's license photo from the state of Maryland, where we moved in 1999. Love those giant spectacles.









This is from my Missouri license in 2002, I think. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, mom.) I'm still surprised at how thin my face looks, even though you're able to see the beginnings of a double chin. I think I must be carrying my weight outside the boundaries of this pic, because on my license I have listed 170 lbs. I think that was pretty accurate.







This is where things start getting scary. This is my Kansas license from 2003, I think. Love those bangs, and now there's no doubt about that double chin goin' on. It says I weigh 130 lbs., but I'm thinkin' that was left over from my info. I gave them on my previous KS license because 1) there's no way that I'm 130, and 2) there's no way I would have fibbed THAT BIG.



Folks, this is when telling the truth is NOT fun. This is my most recent, Washington state license. (No, I haven't gotten a TX license yet. So sue me.) And now I'm not tellin' the weight because that hits just a little too close to home! I mean, I'm all for transparency, but there's a limit, OK?

2 comments:

Melodee said...

Thanks for being brave and sharing! I'm going to have to link this back to my blog. . . now three of us have shared!

Anonymous said...

I loved you in short hair. I think you are beautiful inside and out. You are doing an amazing job of changing your eating habits and sticking with it. Good for you.