Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking Couple

My husband JJ and I have been on the LA Weightloss plan for 8 weeks now. I thought it would be fun to post our progress on the blog from time to time. When we went to weigh in today, we found that JJ's lost 28.2 lbs total and I have lost 14. The goal is 2 lbs. a week so I haven't quite made it, but the fact that I continue to lose every week helps to keep me positive. We also measure our progress in inches. So far, I've lost 14 1/2 inches total (and JJ can't remember what his adds up to). They get this number by adding together what you've lost in each area that they measure.
I would post some "before" pictures, but we don't have a camera. I've been using a disposable one to record our progress, but we still have a lot of pictures to take before we can get them developed.
Of course, it's wonderful to see our clothes getting baggy, but it was our health that finally made us decide that it was time to do something about our weight. We wanted to be prepared in every way possible for the mission field. Since there is very little health care available in Tanzania, it's important to us to take some preventative measures so that we are in good health on the field.
So we'll keep you updated! JJ's very close to a goal that he's set for himself. He wanted to lose 30 lbs. by his birthday, which is Friday. I have no doubt at this point that he will make it as he's been losing far more than 2 lbs. a week. And I'll work on the picture thing so you can see our progress too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mary! I love LA Weightloss. SOunds like y'all are doing great!

Anonymous said...

You go, lady. Good luck!