Friday, March 24, 2006

Kindergarten Crush

A friend recently told me that her daughter has a crush on a little boy in her kindergarten class. When my friend asks her who she's played with that day, she'll reply, "Jenny, and Bobby, and Rachel, and Tyyyyyyyyyyy." (Picture her: head down, shoulders up, and a shy grin on her face.)
This reminded me of a little crush I had in first grade. Peter McDonald. He had kinda big ears, but I liked him anyway. And he liked me too because he would blow me secret kisses from time to time when no one was looking! And I remember getting a "note" from him (it was probably just a picture he had drawn) and putting it under my mattress because I was afraid my parents would find it. I would have been so embarrassed!
Isn't it amazing how early all this starts? And it's just so cute! Until, I'm told, they become teenagers and it's happening for real. Ahhhhhhhh. One of the wonderful things about being "kidless". No teen years to worry about!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

there are a couple girls at church that have crushes on Josiah.

He couldn't care less.

Anonymous said...

Should I be worried about this Peter McDonald?

Mary said...

Kevin, no surprise that Josiah's got some admirers already. You'd better get used to it! That boy is as adorable as he can be.