Wednesday, April 05, 2006

All 'Round Good News . . . I Think

Well, we got our car back and all they did was give it a tune up. It's starting (and running) fine now. We're just hoping that nothing is wrong with the starter and that the car won't throw a tantrum again at just the wrong moment.

I have exercised 5 days in a row now and it's paying off. We finally got to weigh in today and I've lost 2.6 lbs. since last Friday (which makes a total of 17.2 lbs. in 10 weeks). AND, I was able to wear a pair of pants and a skirt that were still a little too snug a few weeks ago. I'm still at the point where only JJ and I can see the progress, but it won't be long before it really begins to show. The results I'm seeing help to keep me motivated to exercise.

I'm still a little behind for my goal that I set for the end of the month, but I think if I keep this exercise up, I'll be OK. Now if I can just manage to get to the grocery store and get some food in this house! I'm still behind from the car being in the shop! Oh yeah, and I've got about a ton of laundry waiting in the wings as well. How just 2 people can generate this much laundry is beyond me. I'm hoping as we get smaller (and our clothes get smaller) that maybe we'll have fewer loads of laundry every week. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking. . .


2 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I love reading these success stories. You guys give me hope. I've got to get off my chair and really work on this thing.

Bobita said...

Good for you!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comment was sooo meaningful.

I am enjoying your blog...and wish you the best in your "reduction" journey!