Friday, April 14, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

Mel at Actual Unretouched Photo posted 6 weird things about her. I decided to join in the fun, although after compiling this list I don't know how really weird or entertaining all of this is. Anyway, here's my list. Take it or leave it.

  1. I used to be a clown in high school. No, I’m not referring to a “class clown”. I actually dressed up as a clown for kids' birthday parties. A group of us went to nursing homes, too. You see, I didn’t really realize how dorky this was at the time. Why didn’t somebody tell me?
  2. Because of the clown thing I know how to make balloon animals and juggle (although I’m pretty rusty at the juggling thing.)
  3. After about 9:00pm, I turn into a pumpkin. If I am not doing anything active like playing cards with my Hubby or visiting all you lovely blog-type people on the net, I will fall asleep. If you ever come over to my house and stay late and I fall asleep, please do not be offended. I do this all the time.
  4. I like to sing karaoke. I’m not that good, but it’s fun to watch other people make fools of themselves too. Especially JJ. My favorite songs of his are “I’m Too Sexy for My Shirt” and “I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar”. I used to do “I Am Woman” but he pretty much ruined it for me by making it his song. Thanks a lot!
  5. I have this weird thing about being consistent. Ex: I started this exercise tape and I noticed that sometimes, I do things in a mirror image to the aerobic ladies and sometimes I go right when they go right (which means we’re actually going in different directions, right?) After a few times, I couldn’t stand this and so I started doing everything in mirror image. And now I have to think about it every time. (I must add here, although it may be obvious, that I am the only person in my living room doing this tape. It makes no difference what direction I go in and yet, I must obsess.) Please see Where I Am on the Anal Scale for another example.
  6. Most Sundays I go to Wal-mart. For fun. And most of the time, I don’t even buy anything. However, this is not a long-standing habit. This is because Little Country Church where Hubby preaches is in no-wheres-ville West Texas and we spend all day there on Sundays (we live far enough away that we don't want to pay the gas money to go bak and forth between morning and evening service). The only thing open in town is a few fast-food restaurants and the Wal-mart. This is a very sad tradition and yet I have come to accept it as a necessary part of not going completely and absolutely berserk with boredom every Sunday afternoon.

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, you poor thing, having to go to Wal-Mart for something to do on a Sunday.

Shalee said...

Move back to OP. We'll do movies on Sunday night again, then you will have a safe place to fall asleep on Sunday nights again... We miss you guys!

C. H. Green said...

We have been in that situation many times. Buy some good books and sit at the park on Sunday afternoon. I have fond memories of feeding the ducks and relaxing. My husband got in the habit of buying the local Sunday paper to see if any events were going on. Sometimes we even went to open houses and estate auctions. You meet lots of interesting people and you can invite them to services.

Mary said...

anvilcloud - I really was a whiny baby wasn't I? I hate it when I do that.

shalee - I'd love to move back to OP. B-lieve me! We miss all you guys too!

erin-erin-bo-berin - I just love your name. I just had to say the whole little rhyme out loud. We live in the thriving metropolis of Abilene.

chg - I like the idea of going to estate sales - especially because we really could use some furniture right now. The issue would be how to get it back to Abilene . . . If it's good enough stuff, we'll find a way! =0)

Bobita said...

I am sooooo relating to #5!!

Loved the 6 things!

Melodee said...

I totally understand the Wal-Mart thing! When I lived in rural Michigan, we went to Wal-Mart on our anniversary once. AND WE LIKED IT.

Anonymous said...

How neat to have another preacher's wife respond. Small town church ministers and their wives need our encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://niolcxhi.com/bqmr/uzfd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dgswjana.com/tmer/dhbn.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://niolcxhi.com/bqmr/uzfd.html | http://wkreptcc.com/lnyn/ognj.html