Thursday, April 27, 2006

Flowers, a Crown, a Hobo, and Old Friends

I have fallen behind, friends, and it's been hard to get myself back on the horse again. I was posting so frequently there at first. Maybe I'm more of a sprinter than a marathon runner? Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself to say something witty and entertaining. Well, I can sum up the highlights of this week with the following 4 events:
  • I got flowers from my boss for Administrative Assistant's Day. I was so surprised and felt very special! This is where I'd insert a picture if I had a digital camera. Darn.
  • JJ and I got to go to a Casting Crowns concert for free because a friend gave us some tickets! And they were good seats too! Nicole Nordeman was there as well. I really enjoyed it, although it took my ears quite awhile to recover from all that NOISE!
  • A very good friend, we'll call him Spazzy McGee, came to visit this week. He had been helping with the rebuilding in New Orleans and caught a few rides to make his way to Abilene. We did a little karaoke one night with him and some other friends so I got my "fix". He's just been making his way around the state visiting various friends, catching a ride when he can and taking the good old Greyhound too. It was great to have him here, especially with us still being so new in town.
  • I have gotten in touch with a few old friends. One from my time as a missionary intern in Mexico City and two from elementary school (we figured out that it's been 22 years since we've seen each other). I got in touch with all of them in a really cool "isn't it a small world" kind of way and that made it a really nice surprise.
I will weigh in tomorrow and this will be the official end of my short-term goal. Here's where I was on Wednesday:




So it looks like I won't be making my goal, unless by some miracle I lose 3 lbs. by tomorrow, BUT I will persevere! Look out fat cells, you're toast!

3 comments:

oshee said...

I think you will find where blogging fits in your life. I think I'm a bit obsessed right now, so..who knows where I'll settle.
Thank you for your visit and comments at my blog.

It sounds like your week was so full and happy, there is no reason you should have wasted one moment of it on the computer.

THat said..

Good to have ya back.

Shalee said...

Flowers are perfect!

Casting Crown? God really blessed you with a great group to whom you could listen.

Catching up with friends, new and old is always a bonus.

Mary, I'm proud of your commitment to lose the weight and I'll look forward to when you announce that you made your ultimate goal. With God, all things are possible!

Mary said...

And I give the Lord the credit! He has brought me to a place where I have the time and mental energy to put into a real lifestyle change.